Sagging skin and overall skin damage results from a number of conditions that include:
- Genetic predisposition
- Too much sun exposure
- Lack of sleep
- Improper Nutrition
Some preventative measures you can take to manage a healthy and more youthful dermal appearance include:
- Avoiding sun overexposure: When you can’t avoid it, always use sunblock to protect your skin from the damaging UVA and UVB rays. Keep in mind that the fairer your skin, the more sun damage it takes. Sun damage becomes cumulative over the years.
- Don’t smoke: Cigarettes or cigars’ properties are very harsh on your skin and cause the elastin and collagen to break down even faster than they usually would with aging.
- Adopt a Skincare Regimen: Start as young as possible. The earlier you adopt a proper skincare regimen, the better protected your skin remains. These early preventative measures will lay the groundwork for graceful aging when the aging process begins.
- Slowly lose weight: Dropping excess weight quickly will leave you with sagging skin. While sagging skin from this condition can bounce back amazingly, an excessive amount of weight loss will have essentially stretched the skin beyond its natural ability to snap back.
- Avoid processed foods: Processed foods are highly inflammatory due to causing elevated levels of insulin. Research has shown that elevated inflammation is linked to early damage on a cellular level.
- Adopt a regenerative Age Management plan: There are many proven aesthetic options available to slow down and prevent the unwanted effects of aging on your skin.
Between advanced treatments designed to stimulate collagen production, balance hormones, and rejuvenate or resurface the skin, your options for treating sagging skin are abundant.
- Dermal fillers (such as Juvederm, Sculptra, Restylane, and more)
- Skin Tightening and Resurfacing with Laser Therapy (such as IPL Photofacial, Thermage and BBL Laser)
- Collagen Enhancing Treatments (such as Microdermabrasion, Microneedling, Vampire Facial, Vampire Facelift, PRP)
- Nutrient Boosters (such as Mesotherapy, MIC Injections, IV Nutrient Therapy)
- Hormone Balancing (such as Bioidentical Hormone Therapy)
Finding an expert is as simple as visiting our online community. With AgeEnvy, valuable information detailing sagging skin and qualified providers for this concern is at your fingertips. Keep in mind that your health and safety comes first. That’s why our mission is to give consumers control over their health by getting them connected with providers that are licensed; verified experts focused on sagging skin concerns.